Do you want help to make your vision a reality?
Do you want to be a more effective leader and learn new skills?
Do you want access to a network of over 120 nonprofit leaders to share ideas and resources?
Fair Chance’s unique, free partnership programs help small nonprofits take their performance and community impact to the next level!
Our approach to capacity building is proven effective because it is:
- Relationship-based: Each Executive Director is paired with a Fair Chance Capacity Building Specialist who develops a deep understanding of the organization and its leadership throughout the Partnership
- Customized: Each pair (Executive Director and Capacity Building Specialist) set specific goals and design a work plan for the course of the Partnership
- Intensive: Both the Executive Director and the Capacity Building Specialist dedicate 8 hours/week to Partnership work, including weekly meetings. Staff, and members of the Board of Directors also participate in the Partnership on specific projects
How Our Programs Work
- Application & Selection: Once a year, we accept applications from potential partners. After reviewing applications and interviewing finalists, we select nonprofit partners who are ready to take their leadership and organizations to the next level.
- Assessment & Work Plan: Each program starts with an intense assessment process designed for small nonprofits. Then, we develop a work plan based on the partner’s strengths and needs.
- Partnership Work: Capacity Building Specialists and Executive Directors each devote eight hours/week to partnership work, including weekly meetings. Staff and Board members participate in specific projects, as needed.
- Celebration: We celebrate each partner’s hard work and accomplishments at the end of the Partnership with the broader Fair Chance community.
- Alumni Support: We provide on-going training and resources through our network services.
We offer three, free, capacity-building programs to fit the needs of community-based nonprofits at different stages of development; we typically partner with organizations ranging in budget size from $50,000 – $1,000,000. Each program also comes with access to pro-bono legal support, an Executive Director Learning Community, and our e-Forum.
Building Stronger Nonprofits
- Aligning leadership and organizational practices to build stronger nonprofits
- 6-month engagement
- Focuses on strengthening capacity in two of the following areas: Board Development, Fundraising, Resource Alignment, and/or Program Evaluation
- Organizations led by people of color (POC) face systemic barriers within the nonprofit sector that prevent them from thriving. As part of Fair Chance’s commitment to racial equity, priority consideration for the Pathways Partnership is given to organizations that are led by either:
- an Executive Director who self-identifies as POC or
- a Board of Directors where the majority of the members, including the Board Chair, self-identify as POC
Interested in the Pathways Partnership? Click here for eligibility and partnership criteria.
For more information about the Pathways Partnership, sign up here.
Note: Organizations that have previously completed a Pathways or Praxis Partnership are not eligible to apply for the Pathways Partnership.
Fostering Sustainability and Growth
- Strengthening organizational leadership and systems to foster sustainability and growth
- 12-month engagement
- Focuses on strengthening capacity in four of the following areas: Board Development, Financial Management, Fundraising, Human Resources, Leadership Development, Outreach & Communications, Planning & Strategy, and/or Program Evaluation
Interested in the Praxis Partnership? Click here for eligibility and partnership criteria.
For more information about the Praxis Partnership, sign up here.
Note: Organizations that have completed a Praxis Partnership in the past are not eligible to re-apply.
Enhancing Programs and Measuring Outcomes
- Building systems and culture to enhance programs and measure life-changing outcomes
- 24-month engagement
- Focuses on Program Design & Outcome Measurement, Organizational Culture & Performance Management, Adaptive Leadership, Strategic Governance, Technology Utilization, and Communicating Impact
Note: At this time, only partners that have completed the Praxis Partnership are eligible to apply for Impact Academy.
Are you a Praxis alumni interested in Impact Academy? Click here to express interest or learn more.
At this time, we are not accepting applications for either Partnership Program. We encourage you to stay tuned for the application period next year.
If you have any questions about our programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.