Fair Chance’s unique, free partnership programs help small nonprofits take their performance and community impact to the next level.
Our alumni say it best!
Our capacity building partnerships are successful because they are:
- Relationship-based: Each Executive Director is paired with a Fair Chance Capacity Building Specialist who develops a deep understanding of the organization and its leadership throughout the Partnership
- Customized: Each pair (Executive Director and Capacity Building Specialist) set specific goals and design a work plan for the course of the Partnership
- Intensive: Both the Executive Director and the Capacity Building Specialist dedicate 8 hours/week to Partnership work, including weekly meetings. Staff and members of the board of directors also participate in the Partnership on specific projects
Fair Chance’s partnership programs fit the needs of community-based nonprofits serving children, youth, and families experiencing poverty in Washington, DC.
An 8-month engagement that aligns leadership and organizational practices to build stronger nonprofits.
- Pathways Partnership Cohorts run from October – May. We are not accepting applications at this time. Applications for the next cohort will be available in spring 2022.
- Click here for information about the Pathways Partnership.
- Pathways focuses on strengthening capacity in two of the following areas: Board Development, Fundraising, Resource Alignment, and/or Program Evaluation
- Learn more about the Pathways Partnership by watching our Virtual Information Session.
A 12-month engagement that strengthens organizational leadership and systems to foster sustainability and growth.
- Apply today for the 2022 Praxis Cohort. Applications will close on October 1, 2021 at 5pm.
- Click here for a recording of the Praxis Virtual Info Session, held on August 11, 2021.
- Click here for the eligibility requirements for the 2022 Praxis Cohort.
- Click here for Praxis Application FAQs
- Praxis focuses on strengthening capacity in four of the following areas: Board Development, Financial Management, Fundraising, Human Resources, Leadership Development, Outreach & Communications Planning & Strategy, and/or Program Evaluation
- The next Praxis Partnership Cohort runs from February 2022 to January 2023.
- Not ready to apply this cycle? The next application cycle will open in fall 2022